Information elements of an effective business card
Posted On July 2, 2023
Many multi-million dollar deals start with the exchange of business cards. Establishing a trusted business relationship goes through the introduction, customer acquisition, and customer retention stages. At every stage of customer relationship management, the little card is the bridge between you and your customers. When you first meet a potential customer, your business card is your greeting card. When you’re working on a deal with a prospect, that little card is a doorway into your business world, where they’ll find your phone number to call you for more information or go to your website to do the research themselves. When you work on a project with clients, that little card is the notepad where they write down the things that are important to them.
Effective business cards make a world of difference in your daily interaction with prospects, consumers, or clients. But not all business cards are the same. A business card answers questions about who you are and what your company does.
Elements of information about you
* Your name
* Your workplace
* Brief description of your job title: If your official job title is not intuitive to laymen, it is necessary to have a brief description about your job title so that an average person, not an expert in your field, can understand it. If the job title is trivial, it’s better to have a tagline to emphasize your expertise or to set you apart from others. A freelance writer may have a tog line: “Business writing that really works.” An internet marketing expert can say “Turn your visitors into sales”.
* Telephone and fax numbers
Business Information Elements
* Business Name
* Brief Description of the Business
* Website URL – A website is a must have for any business, big or small. This is the digital and information age. And leave the back of your business cards blank so clients can use it to take notes. Your website is where they find detailed information about your business.
* Physical address: They know how to get to your office for a meeting.
Once we have identified the elements of an effective business card. Your business card design is only limited by your imagination. Although you can print business cards yourself using many different business card templates, it’s wise to spend a little money to order professionally designed business cards. For as little as $20, you can order 500 business cards. Color business cards will cost a little more.
Copyright @2005, Bruce Zhang
You have permission to publish this article electronically free of charge, as long as bylines and links are included in the body of the article and bylines.